TFTouch2 doesn't boot up

lucas111

Got a brand new TZTouch2 which after powering up shows Furuno logo and shows TZTouch2 screen with loading bar.
Once the bar was around 3/4 of its way to the end it shut down.

Right now having only power being connected (26VDC) the orange button LED is lit.
However once pressed it doesn't boot up and keeps the orange LED on.

Was trying to find something similar on the forum but saw only an overheated issue, which is not our case.

Thanks!

You might have volts but not enough current. I would disconnect everything but the power cable to try bringing it up. Make sure you are fully up on shore power and not starving for power. I agree, this isn't heating. This sounds like current or it is connected to a DFF1-UHD with the orange wire connected.

We've got TZTL15F working well for two years. I've plugged the TZTL12F with power connection of inch version and we've got the same issue. And yes, once 15incher went back it started normally.
May there be a problem with corrupted boot/ app? It's strange that the Furuno logo showed up at first, then disappeared and from that point we can't start it up.
I've tried the start button recovery procedure (5s on, then 0,5s off, etc) but no luck either.

I had exactly the same thing happen to my TZT 2 12 last week after I did the v 7 software update. The problem turned out to be that the microSD card for the charts somehow got corrupted or damaged in the process. Once I took the card out, the unit booted up normally.

You might try that and see what happens. I had to end up downloading charts to a new microSD to restore the chart functions but the unit will start up with nothing in the card slot so you can test that without another card. You just won't have any charts.

Tried that one with no uSD card as well.
Tried unplugging all communication cables leaving just power, but without luck either.

Is there any way of factory recovery of that equipment?

If it won't power it, it won't reset. Sounds like it will need to visit the service center. The only other suggestion is the multi-cable on the back. Ensure none of those wires are touching each other or shorting out to something. That cable shorting out is a direct connection to the main board and can damage the unit as can heat problems over time. Getting the light only and never turning on is normally lack of amps or spu board damage.

I had exactly the same thing happen to my TZT 2 12 last week after I did the v 7 software update. The problem turned out to be that the microSD card for the charts somehow got corrupted or damaged in the process. Once I took the card out, the unit booted up normally.

You might try that and see what happens. I had to end up downloading charts to a new microSD to restore the chart functions but the unit will start up with nothing in the card slot so you can test that without another card. You just won't have any charts.
Hello, I had exactly the same problem. My tzt12f didn't boot until I removed microsd card that got corrupted. Where did you download the maps from to restore?

Maps can be downloaded at the Furuno USA website if you go under "Discover products", Browse All products, and then choose "Charts for NN3D, TZT,TZT1,TZT2, TZT3 and XL"

If you purchased a licence from your dealer but lost your unlock code, please contact your local Furuno support with you system ID and they can look up your existing codes.

Furuno Technical Support can look up the SSID for your chart master and email all of the purchased charts and codes directly to you.

You might have volts but not enough current. I would disconnect everything but the power cable to try bringing it up. Make sure you are fully up on shore power and not starving for power. I agree, this isn't heating. This sounds like current or it is connected to a DFF1-UHD with the orange wire connected.
My TZT12F hangs loading about 2/3 through Disconnected all charts. Looked at possible unintentional connections that would cause heating. None found. Have latest firmware. Would reloading firmware be a good test? Voltage 27V during test. Suggestions? Worked fine, shutdown and restarted about a half hr. later and problem appeared. Doesn't go away. Thanks

There are many things possible. Grounding loop being one of them given you are running 24v. Out of respect to the OP and those involved in this older thread, it might be best to call into tech support while at the boat.

Back