DRS4D NXT, FPGA Check1 LED keeps blinking, CPU Check1 LED remains off

Commandant

Hi everyone,

I installed a brand new Furuno radar, a DRS4D NXT, on my vessel.
When powering up the radar it doesn't come up on the network.
I've created a test setup now in my garage with a PC, network switch and two RJ45 cables to try to find the problem.
The 10Mbps LED, nor the 100Mbps LED on the network switch show any activity.
Upon opening the dome and checking the PCB inside, I noticed the 12V and 5V LEDs are turning ON and remain ON, but the FPGA Check1 LED keeps blinking while the CPU Check1 LED remains OFF.
I'm starting to think the radar cannot get passed its boot procedure and therefore remains in some booting state as long as it cannot pass the FPGA Check1 status.
The 'ether speed' and 'ether link' LEDs remain OFF all the time, but I guess that's because the radar can't get passed the FPGA and CPU check. Hereunder the pics for clarification: (The picture was taken just when the FPGA Check1 LED blinked ON, so don't assume the FPGA Check1 has completed).

IMG_20231113_121429.jpg

My question now is: What can I do to get the radar passed the FPGA Check1 and CPU Check1 ?

I have no answer to your question. Not sure how to say this politely but you should have contacted Furuno support before opening up a new unit. Normally that would void the warranty. I hope you did not do anything other than just remove the cover. I suggest you put it back together and give them a call.

Are you bypassing the Pigtail cable for the LAN? If not, connect the RJ45 or you test rig internally on the dome bypassing the pigtail for data. you should see a solid ether link light and flashing ether speed LED when connected to the PC through the LAN switch. Make sure the LAN switch is auto sensing which most are now.

Back