Standby mode for TZT 3

gtstang462002

Furuno Super Fan
Is it possible to add a stand by feature to the OS or a display off setting where tapping the display will light them back up?

Background behind the question:
I spend a fair amount of time hanging on the hook on long weekends and would love to be able to turn the displays backlight off without trying to hunt for the dimming slider the next morning in the daylight when you cannot see the dimmed screen. Primary reason for leaving the displays running would be for the anchor watch to ensure that I am not randomly dragging anchor in the middle of the night. I mirror one of the displays into my salon TV to monitor my anchor watch and one of these days will have get a remote external alarm installed in my stateroom.

Bugs are attracted to the light from the displays and leave a mess on the flybridge if there is light attracting them up there. I currently have 2 displays, would love to have the option to standby one display and just kill the backlight on the other for anchoring purposes.

I like that idea. The NN3D used to have a "Sleep" setting that basically did exactly what you are asking for. I will pass that to product development. Great suggestion, thank you.

gtstang462002":3e46rhnc said:
Is it possible to add a stand by feature to the OS or a display off setting where tapping the display will light them back up?

I think with current software the feature we have now is pretty slick, imho. On your plotters you can toggle on / off Brilliance Synchronization under [Settings]-> [General] to dim them all at once or just the one you're on -

However, to that feature you're requesting - it's there if you basically just tap on the power button in a rhythmic heartbeat pattern, it'll quite quickly dim the screen. I just timed it, it took me 15 seconds to go from full brightness to black without touching any slider.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Good info for how to individually dim multiple units Maggy, that was one of my questions from my first trip with the TZT3's. Building on that, is there a way to synch the 711C display unit to also dim with the TZT3's?

Bayhouse":uzow6lx3 said:
Good info for how to individually dim multiple units Maggy, that was one of my questions from my first trip with the TZT3's. Building on that, is there a way to synch the 711C display unit to also dim with the TZT3's?

This question was discussed in another thread. Unfortunately there is no way to do so.

Magnetron":2h74zztd said:
gtstang462002":2h74zztd said:

I think with current software the feature we have now is pretty slick, imho. On your plotters you can toggle on / off Brilliance Synchronization under [Settings]-> [General] to dim them all at once or just the one you're on -

However, to that feature you're requesting - it's there if you basically just tap on the power button in a rhythmic heartbeat pattern, it'll quite quickly dim the screen. I just timed it, it took me 15 seconds to go from full brightness to black without touching any slider.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Thanks for reminding me about this. I always seems to forget about this option. I guess what I would really be looking for would be like a a sleep function where just tapping the display would wake it up.

gtstang462002":aw9eri4x said:
Thanks for reminding me about this. I always seems to forget about this option. I guess what I would really be looking for would be like a a sleep function where just tapping the display would wake it up.

There might be some long button press method that product development can explore. They've been notified,

Thanks for the suggestion, :sail

- Maggy

Back