Software V.6 and Mixed TZT / TZT2 Systems

MarMax

Furuno Super Fan
It's looking like the version 6 software update for the TZT is now imminent. Since I have a mixed TZT/TZT2 system I've been waiting to upgrade both units since V6.21 came out for the TZT2. I'm asking in advance if there is any installation advice for us mixed system users.

Also, are any upgrades necessary to my other Furuno devices (navpilot, drs4d, dff3d, dff1, gp330b) or will the MFD upgrades take care of all this. Thanks in advance.

Unless you have some old hardware, you shouldn't need to upgrade any of those items mentioned. Japan does offer a sensor update software package that will check your connected sensors. https://www.furuno.com/en/support/uploader_auth

Japan isn't the fastest at updating this site for the MFD software. For example the TZT2 software listed there is version 5.03 when we (Furuno USA) offers 6.21. When you run the sensor software it many times will offer to "upgrade" your MFD because your version is not that same as it has. You would want to ensure you uncheck the MFD so you don't "downgrade" it. The software only knows it is different than you have installed. I don't recommend using this software to upgrade the MFD with but it is great for the connected NMEA 2000 and Network sensors.

Johnny

Jonny Electron. Last I heard TZT v 6.XX was going to be out in June. Any update on the release date from Japan?

6.01 was provided to Furuno USA but a minor bug was discovered. 6.01 is available now via technical support on an as needed basis. 6.02 should release late next week on our website and to dealers.

Johnny,

Thanks for the information. I've now upgraded to 6.01 and 6.21. I don't see any CMOR maps in my future since there is no information on when Southern California maps would be available. I'm assuming there is no need for me to go to 6.23 if I'm not running a CMOR map.

As for 6.02, any idea what the bug is? As in, is there any reason I need to upgrade to 6.02 based on my system?

Your post is going to be confusing to many because you are speaking about both TZT and TZT2 in the same posting. In regards to TZT2 6.23; it is the newest version of software regardless if you are using CMOR or not. It has another advantage to those with Drive-by-wire autopilots. If you have neither CMOR or DBW, you can stay at 6.21 until something greater that you find it worth upgrading.

Mixing of systems is complex sometimes so if there is every a question; talk to technical support. You should NOT mix v5 with V6. If you have a mixed TZT/TZT2 system they should both be at V6.

In regards to TZT (series one), the current official version of software is 5.01 but that will most likely change this week for Furuno USA. We should be releasing 6.02 by this weekend. When it comes to 6.01 via tech support, it is considered beta. It has a minor bug with the IF-NMEA2k2 where it is mis-recognized but sorts itself out. That contention can cause some short pauses/delays in processing as it sorts itself out. It is relatively minor but once found; we wanted to fix it. Hence 6.01 wasn't officially release and 6.02 will be coming soon.

Thanks Johnny. Based on your earlier post I'm one of the TZT 6.01 beta testers and did it because of the mixed system and desire to get my TZT2 upgraded to 6.21 for the 1/4 Yamaha screen, which is fantastic. So I'm definitely on board regarding having V6.x on both systems.

And I'll definitely install 6.02 on the TZT once it's available since I have an IF-NMEA2K2 on my network. I'll probably wait a bit on 6.23 for the TZT2 since I'm not running CMOR or DBW. You now have me thinking about the IF-NMEA2K2 to Yamaha Command Link NMEA-0183. I'll put up the question in my post in the communications section.

Back