TZT Software Version 6 Update

MarMax

Furuno Super Fan
I'm one of the mixed TZT/TZT2 system users and would like to know when the next software update will be available. I've downloaded V6.21 for my TZTL12 but will be waiting until TZT V6.xx is available to update both per your recommendation.

I'll also be upgrading my DRS4D to the DRS4D-NXT and was wondering if I should wait on this as well until I can upgrade both MFDs to V6.xx?

I'm really looking forward to the refined NAVpilot window and the Yamaha 1/4 screen, among all the other improvements. Thank you.

The NXT radar will work the same with v5 software as it does in v6 so you can proceed with the radar change. The v6 software for TZT (series one) is still being tested by Japan. They haven't given us an expected date. I guess it depends on if the testing goes well or not. Being you have a mixed system; if you would like to be a beta tester you might contact our support.

Thank you Johnny. I'll get the radar before the current rebate ends. Sounds like version 6 for the TZT is going to be quite a while. Hopefully the TZT2 6.21 release will expedite Japan's efforts since all the mixed system users will be waiting.

I would think that anyone that upgraded from an MFD8 that was dash mounted ended up with a TZT9 (like me). Since it's the smallest Furuno MFD and the only option if space is limited. Likewise on the other end of the spectrum, I did not have the room on the dash for a 14" MFD so ended up with the TZTL12. On the plus side, the additional sounder as a backup is nice to have.

I really did not want to mix systems but did want to stick with Furuno, knowing of course that you maintain the software compatibility. I'll talk to tech support and see what they say.

I did call tech support Camas and it was a no go on beta testing because V6.01 is supposed to be out soon, like 3-4 weeks. Can you confirm if this is going to be a pretty solid time line?

MarMax,

The latest information as of today, was that V.6,01 is still undergoing beta testing and has not been released as of yet. :noway

The timeline that was given for a possible release, is within the next 2 months...

-Deep Blue :)

Thanks for the update Deep Blue. Does this mean that I should call again and perhaps talk to someone else at tech support regarding beta testing, or is the beta testing window closed until final release?

If you want to be a beta tester, it might be possible. Contact support and ask for the Service Manager to discuss.

So will it be this week that the TZT software will be available for update? Waiting on it to get my BBWX4 that I had installed 2 weeks ago functional. Thanks for your help.

When the version of TZT software is available this week, I'm praying to God it will be, how do I down load it? I'm not very computer savvy. Where do I get it on the Furuno website? Can you post a link? Can it fit on a 32GB Sandisk? I have a new (6mos old) Apple iMac. Do I just fit the chip in the back of the computer? I have my waypoints on that same disk, will I need a bigger memory SanDisk? My dealer said that certain size disks, like 64GB disks won't work with the TZT. Is that true? I should backup my waypoints on the disk before downloading the new software, right?
Thanks?

It is Always a good idea to backup your waypoints, routes and Settings. Furuno makes that a quite simple Job because the backup and restore functions are implemented in the Software, just read the Manual. All the files are quite small, a cheap 16GB or 8 GB will work.

It is also a good idea to use different cards for backup and "live work". Why not just buy for example two 8 GB SD-Cards, one for backup and one for "playing" around.

The update process is well documented in the Software section, just follow it step by step. It is important to let the furuno device format (data deleted!) the sd-card and make it bootable. End of the day it is more or less a Linux System working with Bootloader etc etc.

Any guidance if I should update to 6.x or not?

I am running
TZT9
DFF1(TM260)
NXT Radar
Hub 101
IFNMEA2k2 (input from FA-150 AIS)
Airmar GH2183 Heading/GPS
FM4800

I was also running Timezero Pro 3.x, but just this week updated to Timezero 4.0

I will probably check to make sure TZ Pro 4.0 works first, before updated my TZT9...

I'd really like to know when the TZT software version for my TZT's will be available so that I can run my newly installed BBWX4. I have an expensive piece of equipment just sitting in my boat, fully installed, and I can't use it because the software in the chartplotter can't read the Sirius stuff. Please help me. It is mid-June and the storms are here, and I need the BBWX4 to give me the lightning data.

So, apparently, the updated TZT software version 6.2? will be available Friday according to a technical rep I spoke to this past Monday. It's a "hard date". Here's hoping.

So, I got the link to version 6.01 and installed it. Keep in mind, you cannot use one of the SD Ultra Plus cards for the whole process. Wish that was in the instructions. I did back up my waypoints and tracks and routes and settings, thank God. There is now way to look to make sure that everything got backed up on the SD card. I now have to contact Sirius weather to get my subscription started to run the weather package. Looking forward to that. Anyways, Thanks to Ron at the Maryland office. Super guy, and very helpful in getting everything done.
Schmitty, aka, Cornbread or BottomPicker.

Last week was annual meetings for the company so 6.02 software was delayed slightly. It will start shipping and be uploaded to the website Wednesday.

Back