Sirius weather

shindig

I Installed the Furuno BBXW4 in the spring and have an active Sirius radio and weather subscription.

Each time I use the boat, the sirius radio functions properly with the TZ2, however to utilize the Sirius weather function, I have to refresh the signal each day to receive the weather information.

Power is disconnected via battery switches when the boat is not in use.

This issue existed before and after the latest software version.

Also, how do I remove the free weather download scroll from the bottom of the screen or turn it off?
thank you

By the sound of it, your BBWX4 is not holding the activation when it is fully powered off. That is something you should send in to have evaluated because it should hold your subscription when turned off. You shouldn't have to activate it each time.

I am not sure what you mean about the free weather download scroll. Are you talking about the timeline bar? That isn't something that goes away. For Sirius it is used to play through the 48/72 hour forecast animation.

Thanks Johnny. We'll send it in over the Winter months.

Yes, regarding the timeline bar...how do I hide it?

You can't. The time bar is used in both NavCenter weather and Sirius weather. It isn't something you can turn ON/OFF. It is also a big help in not confusing the weather screen with the normal plotter screen.

Back