Sharing PBG Data?

hiccup

Furuno Fan
Lots of other platforms allow you to share crowd-sourced depth information. Can this be done w/PBG data? Is there a practical means to do so? Are people willing to share PBG data or do you see it as 'for your eyes only'?

There is nothing stopping people from sharing their PBG data with other users but I think it is much like waypoints that people seem to be protective of.

Wait a minute, I thought PBG files overwrite one another entirely?

Is there a way to mesh together PBG data now?

If i scan 5 miles and a buddy scans a different 5 miles, is there a way to combine the two onto a single PBG file?

mattology":t5unrrbd said:
Wait a minute, I thought PBG files overwrite one another entirely?

Is there a way to mesh together PBG data now?

If i scan 5 miles and a buddy scans a different 5 miles, is there a way to combine the two onto a single PBG file?
I was told the device can only have one PBG file. So you could save yours externally and use your friend’s but you can’t merge them.

Now you can’t even share with yourself. If I record in one area on my port TZT 3 and do another on the starboard TZT 3, I can’t combine or even see one set of charts on the other machine without overwriting.

Let’s see if the Furuno guys give a different answer. Clearly something that can be managed in the software.

Quitsa like normal is very correct on this. At this time, there is no way to merge two diffrent PBG files from the TZT3/TZT2BB. We have several threads on this topic. You can export, import, and record. As of now, that is turned on/off by single machine but newer software coming is rumored to have the PBG sync'd to all compatible networked units. I guess we will see what comes.

Thanks for the compliment. The network synch would be a very positive feature for those of us with more than one helm station.

Do you know whether (assuming this feature comes along in an update), the network synch would allow a TZT 2 MFD to display the PBG contours if it is on a network with a TZT 3?

Because Furuno chose to add the hybrid touch/button control to the TZT 3 12" model, it is quite a bit wider than a TZT 2 12". I know a fair number of folks who like me used a TZT 2 12" in their upper station to get the bigger display because a TZT3 12 is too wide and I would have had to go down to a 9" display to fit the MFD is the relatively limited space at the upper helm. Since I only have one screen up there, I wanted it as big as possible to allow decent sized side by side displays. The 9" is just too small especially if you are used to seeing the 16" at the main helm.

While network syncing would be nice for a single boat, I would love to see a cloud sync option as well. I have 2 boats that operate out of the same area, currently one of them has not had the 3D transducer installed since I was waiting on the transducer to ship. Now it is waiting it annual haul out for installation. But to be able to have that data merge and sync over the cloud would be awesome as a stopgap.

TZT2BB and TZT3 units are slated to get the sync feature between MFDs with the next software release. It looks like early June but that might flex a bit.

Merge PBG via TZ iBoat is going to be a big step forward, if you had a way to do that.

Being able to look at everything via the phone, instead of having to use an ipad using the remote control with the tzt3 activated, is huge.

that should be what you guys are pushing for. beign able to upload to your tz iboat account and then being able to add to it, should be easier for items to be able to be added to, or shared across mfds.

Back