Not seeing real-time bathymetry PBG TZT3

jctaylo4

Not seeing this exact issue in existing threads.
Using TZT3 updated to version 3.5 with a DFF3d sonar viewed on a TZT12F MFD. The DFF3D has been a great sonar for marking rocks, wrecks and fish schools - especially those triggerfish. But when trying to log and view bathymetry on the chart, I select DFF3d as a layer in the chart and log PBG, I still do not see realtime bathymetry produced on the chart along the boat's trackline. There are no errors or other indications that it isn't working, except the bathymetry does not display. Any tips/tricks to make this work?

Ensure you have heading available to the system. The PBG recording needs to be turned ON. Swipe the right side of your screen inwards and turn on the PBG recording whenever you wish to start collecting the data.

Thanks SparkyWire. I can confirm PBG is recording when trying to view on chart.
Heading would be internal to the TzT12f internal GPS or DFF3d transducer as I don’t have a compass integrated. Would something like an SCX20 be required?

Heading would be from an electronic compass like a fluxgate or sat compass. PG700 is a flux gate example and the SCX20 is a sat compass example.

Back