Screenshot interpretation fcv587 - P66

spooled1

Hi Furuno techs,

Attached is the following screenshot that I'd like some help interpreting.
Here's what I can tell you:

Scroll speed 1/2

1) The upward track left of screen was a 77cm snapper
2)The upward peak right of screen and track above the peak was a 79cm snapper
3) A battle was had with fish #2 between 50 and 75m

Now see the 5 dots above the zero on the 80m marker, would you consider them 5 individual fish or more like a doubling as the screen advanced while the fish moved?

Does the upward track extending from the 80 suggest 2 or maybe even 3 fish heading back down to the seafloor or did fish#2 simply have an opposing cone angle approach to fish#1?

Any tips to get even better results from a P66

Cheers,

Attachments

• screeno.jpg
    screeno.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 1,333
Spooled1,
It is very hard to second guess what you were seeing. If you hadn't given any details I would have said due to it's path that the first diagonal line (colored white) was a jig and that three fish came up at the red X to take a closer look at it. Your screen shot is very similar to one taken while fishing Black Sea Bass.

Snips

Attachments

• Fish.JPG
    Fish.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 1,317
  • Fish 3.JPG
    Fish 3.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,317
Thanks Snips,

Yeah backstory is important.

Attached is a zoom of the same image. Because they're 5m depth increments you can see the snapper blobs are each about 80cm in size.

Question: Looking at this, how many fish are represented by the yellow blobs above the zero. I'm counting 5 blobs but how many would you call fish and how many are showing signs of being a repeat of the same fish?

Attachments

• zoomeding.jpg
    zoomeding.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,311
Spooled1,
To be honest it's hard to tell for two reasons. Using the screen advance you are seeing half the information you would see using 1/1. Also looking at the tail of the bottom it appears that you were rolling around quite a bit.

Snips

Back