Red Snapper fishing at 500m

jerrmarine

Hello, can anyone suggest a transducer I could use with a DFF3D which will be ideal for red snapper fishing in the pacific at depths around 400m-500m, in 3D? We're setting up a TZ Touch 3 16 inch system on my catamaran. :capt

Regards
JR

Regardless of mounting style or if it is a combo, all DFF3D transducer elements are the same. You get roughly 1000ft with the DFF3D. You are not going to reach the depths you are talking about with the DFF3D. It wasn't designed for that. I would recommend looking at an appropriate 1KW transducer like the B260 or better that will reach the depths you are seeking. Congrats on the TZT3. It is an awesome machine.

I would go with a 165T-PM542LM if you have the room. then later if you want to you can add a 1kw high wide if needed. :furuno

Johnny Electron":qtpcuvot said:
I would recommend looking at an appropriate 1KW transducer like the B260 or better that will reach the depths you are seeking.

You mean B260 with the DFF3D, should give me 3D sounder view at 500m?

Jsubzero":2tcdsztp said:
I would go with a 165T-PM542LM if you have the room.

Would you know how deep the 165T-PM542LM will be able to show me in 3D mode with the DFF3D, say at least 500m?

3d will only go @max to 700ft-1000 ft realistically. that transducer is a power house and with the medium,low frequencies you will mark your fish just fine. you probably should watch some videos on furuno connections so you can get yourself familiar. if your still confused contact your local dealer.

at 500m you definitely don't want a wide transducer because your cone will be huge and you'll see fish but they'll be 100 meters away so you won't get them... A B260 on the other hand only has a 19 degree cone on the low frequency, which is great.

Back