furuno tz touch

matt 000

Hello i am looking at a tz touch 3 set up for my new boat. i am installing a keel mount transducer set up.i am looking at 2 tz touch 3 16 inch screens ,satellite compass,di-ffamp,dff-3d,a 165-cm54dff3d tranny for 3d.i will also be running a furuno nav pilot 300 auto pilot.
We fish every depth from 25 fathoms out to a couple of 1000 fathoms.i need the system to be good for shallow water but also good for deep water for swords and bottom dropping in around 300 fathoms.Currently i am looking at a 3kw setup with an r509 or 599.I have been getting conflicting information in australia about which deep water transducer to use.any suggestions about which deep water transducer is best would be greatly appreciated .Thanks

There are several R509s and R599s. Do you know which you are considering? Because you fish as shallow as 25m (~75ft) I would think you might want to get a wide beam on the HF side. (HW type) Because the 599 type doesn't seems to have a high wide option; I am immediately start thinking the R509. R599s are also in-hull type so shooting through the hull/keel can really attenuate the signal, if you can get a good location. Considering that you might want to consider the CM599LHW or the R509LHW depending on your mounting plans. I think any keel is going to be way too thick to use an R599 in-hull.

i missed the shallow water tranny .its most likely a ss175-w.Boat is alloy plate and all transducers will run in a keel fairing. The fairing will be welded with holes cut to suit transducers so they are flush with hull .In the deep water tranny looking at 3kw and low to medium frequency with as tight a beam angle as possible. I was recommended the ca-82b-35r in australia but my feeling was that something like the 599 low medium in 3kw would be superior.
Thanks

Back