Range Shift will not stay zoomed

kjohn911

I have TZT3. I turn auto range off, on single frequency. I'm in 200' of water and only want to see the bottom 60'. I change range to 60' by hitting "+" icon. Then I slide the screen down until I see bottom 60'. It stays like that for a few seconds and then it goes back to showing the whole water column. Is this normal? Did bottom zoom replace the range shift feature?

Bottom Range Shift controls where the bottom will appear on the display from 15-85%, with 75% being default.
You will want to use Bottom Lock, Bottom Zoom, or Marker Zoom.

So the feature described in this video is no longer available? Like i mentioned, it works for me as described in the video, but reverts back to displaying the whole water column after a few seconds.

That method is working on my test unit as explained in the video. What software version are you on? What fish finder are you using?

Hi, I just had the same problem on a GP1871f. I zoom in a certain depth, and after a couple of seconds, it goes back to show the full depth range. I read in an old thread that this might be due to having Accufish and Bottom Discrimination ON. That was my case.

Hi, I just had the same problem on a GP1871f. I zoom in a certain depth, and after a couple of seconds, it goes back to show the full depth range. I read in an old thread that this might be due to having Accufish and Bottom Discrimination ON. That was my case.
Thanks! I will turn it off and see if it fixes the problem.

BD is a great need and nice feature for bottom fishing. But does it make sense to you that you can't do range shift when BD is working and 50/200 are both together?

BD is a great need and nice feature for bottom fishing. But does it make sense to you that you can't do range shift when BD is working and 50/200 are both together?
No, doesn't make sense to me. Maybe the software will be updated in the future to support it.

Back