R155

A

Anonymous

Hi all I was wondering where i can get transducer tap settings for R155 50/200khz 1kw version.
Regards,
Mostafa

Red Sea,
In checking with Airmar there were three different configurations of the R-155. If you can supply Airmar's part number we can check to see if the transducer is compatible.

Snips

Red Sea,
That was a good part number. In reviewing the impedance specifications with Airmar your R-155 should be OK with using a "B" tap on 50Khz and "A" tap on 200Khz. However this transducer has never be tested with the FCV-295 so it is unknown how it will perform.

Snips

Snips,
Actually I'll be using it with BBFF3 on a Navnet vx2 so if you could tell me the tap settings for that I'd be very grateful.
Regards,
Mostafa

Red Sea,
In the case of the BBFF3 you can try "A" tap on both channels. Again this combination has never been tested so we have no back ground data to how it is going to perform.

Snips

Red Sea,
Thanks for the additional information. However the fact remains that the R-155 that you have has not be tested with any Furuno sounder. With the part number you supplied we have an idea of what the impendence should be. Using a BBFF3 with transducer with those impendence values equals using Tap setting of "A" on both frequencies.

Snips

Back