PBG question

hori

Furuno Fan
I have timezero pro with 526 TId hdd transducer and record my bottom. Can the TZT3 record also with 526 or is it locked to only dff3d?

The TZ3 PBG is locked to the DFF3D with a 165T-xxx style transducer, given that you have the a compass.

- Maggy

Is a separate heading controller needed? Or does the dff3d provide as well? I am running the tzt312 with a pm488 transducer.

PBG requires an external heading sensor. Just to re-iterate, Timezero Pro's recording features are separate from PBG, PBG is restricted currently to just the DFF3D's with the 165T-style transducers and TZ3s only.

Hope this helps :D

- Maggy :sail

Magnetron is correct that heading is a requirement. You don't need a SAT compass or heaving data for the DFF3D functions but it helps. The better the quality of the heading the better a lot of things will be. (Better ARPA, Radar overlay, Autopilot etc). To be clear the PBG in the MFD is TOTALLY diffrent than Time Zero PC software. They are not the same. The MFD is doing multi-point PBG and the the Time Zero can support both Multi-point and Single-point PGB sounders. I understand you would like to also have support for single point sounders in the MFD for PBG. That isn't currently possible but I will pass your suggestion/comments to product development.

I guess the specific question I have is, for my tzt3 to run PBG, does the combination of the tzt3 plus the dff3d and the pm488 transducer provide enough? From what I am reading, it sounds like that will get it working, but an extremal sat compass will make it work better from what I read the heave control is better in the external systems than the built in one of the dff3d? Is this true?

What you have should be enough (provided you have a heading source), the SCX20 will provide better accuracy to the final PBG image.

Ok, thank you. Sorry for this follow up, what is a "heading source"?
I also should mention for clarification, I am not running the time zero PBG, just the PBG from the dff3d. I do have auto pilot if that makes any difference.
Cam

The MFD will not include a compass/heading source, your auto pilot may have one, look around at what's connected to the AP to see if a compass may be connected to it. If you cannot spot a heading sensor/compass, than it's probably not there and you'll need to pick up one.

- Maggy :sail

Back