Ordering a 711 pilot and pumpset

Captainbudge1

I’m getting ready to place the order for a new 711 Pilot and pumpset. I know steering ram in my boat is 10.5 cubic inches and by that spec I can use the HRP 11-12. Would I get any better steering performance if I used the larger pumpset HRP 17-12?

Bigger is not always better in fact over sizing a pump for a pilot is just as bad as undersizing it. Based on your steering cyl, you need the PUMPHRP11-12 or save some money and go with the PUMPOCT10-12.

Quick question regarding these pumps...

I have dual Seastar HC5345-3 units along with twin Yamaha 300s. The Seastar cylinder is 8.34 cubic inches (each).

Am I looking to purchase a 7-12 pump? Or am I supposed to be looking bigger due to dual cylinders?

Feel free to recommend something. I am looking at the 711C unit.

I currently have an SCX-20 unit...not sure if that means I don't need something in the kits and should purchase each part a la carte?

Thanks,

Dan

When you have more than one cylinder, you must add the cubic inches together to get your total volume the pump needs to push. It depends on where you buy your Navpilot 771C but in the USA, the PG700 compass comes as part of the pilot package. Many times you can talk to your dealer and have them credit the package and remove the sensor. You wouldn't really need the fluxgate if you have a SCX20 already.

Back