Open array scanner

W

Wellcraft

Hi, I bought a boat with a furuno radar navnet model # RDP-143 navnet c-map/nt with a dome antenna and would like to upgrade to an open array and was wondering if is possible, if it is which antenna is compatible, I don't go that far so it could be the smallest one.

Thanks in advance.

Btw, I forgot to add that I have an older unit that was working perfectly when I removed it from my older boat almost 15 years ago and it hasn't been used ever since, it's been stored in a box. It's a model # 1751 MARK 2 (type rdp099) with a 24" open array antenna, I believe the model of the antenna is rsb-0047 but I'm not completely sure. I'm looking for it to verify.
What I would like to know is if I can use that antenna or scanner with the rdp-143 navnet NT unit?

Thanks again in advance for any help.

The little 2ft open array units are very rare. These units are linear and only work with the 7" NavNets and other compatible units. YES, You can use the 1751MK2 scanner (RSB0047-051) connected to the RDP143 if you want. It would be configured and setup as a 1753C.

Johnny Electron":g2hik2zn said:
The little 2ft open array units are very rare. These units are linear and only work with the 7" NavNets and other compatible units. YES, You can use the 1751MK2 scanner (RSB0047-051) connected to the RDP143 if you want. It would be configured and setup as a 1753C.

Awesome, that's really nice to know. I'm still looking for the base but it's in a box somewhere when we move to where we live now. I found the top part last night and it measures 26". I know it should be like 20 years old.

I remember cutting the cable when I removed it from my las boat, what's the best way to hook it up again, buying a new plug, new pins or splicing the wires and connect all of them back together, where do I get whatever I need to make hook it up?

How can I tell which unit I have, I was looking at the manual and it's for a 1722, 1722c or 1723c but I have no idea which is the one I have, what's the difference between the 1722 and 1723,. I'm guessing the C is for color. The serial number for the display i have is 43114-2248 and it's says RDP-143.

Also, while looking for the base I was able to find a navionics card from our local lake that I purchase back in 2001, the card looks different than the one currently in the rdp143, can I still use that map in the newer unit?
Ww live in a lake in ga, thurmond lake and I'm almost positive nothing have change when it comes to the info.

Thanks for replying and sorry for so many questions, hope you can answer all of them.

So, I'm guessing it doesn’t matter if the rdp 099 is an old crt monitor couple with the 26" array antenna. Can I still use that antenna with what I believe is an lcd, rdp143.
Just making sure as I read something similar but with different units in another post here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1722

Thanks

I am confused by your question. If you are asking if you can connect two displays, the answer is no. You must pick one compatible display unit to use. You can use the original RDP099 or the newer 7" NavNet, not both.

Yes the C is for color. There are many 7" NavNet models that would work. They never made an open array for the Vx2 7" so you have to setup as a dome but it will work. Be careful if you are buying a 7" because there are some that sold as plotters and don't have the radar port.

No, my question was if the rdp 099 is an old crt monitor couple with the 26" array antenna if I can still use that same antenna and use what I believe is an lcd, rdp143 monitor instead of the crt monitor (rpd 099)???

Or it doesn't really matter if i use the rsb 0047 open array antenna with a lcr or crt monitor, is the rdp 143 lcd?

Just making sure as I read something similar but with different units in another post here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1722

I remember cutting the cable when I removed it from my last boat, what's the best way to hook it up again, buying a new connector, new pins or splicing the wires and connect all of them back together, where do I get whatever I need to hook it up, any website link?

How can I tell which unit I have, I was looking at the manual and it's for a 1722, 1722c or 1723c but I have no idea which is the one I have, what's the difference between the 1722 and 1723?

The serial number for the display i have is 43114-2248 and it's says RDP-143.

One last question, I understand that the scanner or sensor part of the open array can be upgraded with bigger ones, is that the same case with the rsb 0047, for example can I upgrade from the 2' scanner to 3.5' or 4'?

Thanks in advance and I will appreciate if you answer all the questions.

Regards and hope you have a wonderful weekend.

No, my question was if the rdp 099 is an old crt monitor couple with the 26" array antenna if I can still use that same antenna and use what I believe is an lcd, rdp143 monitor instead of the crt monitor (rpd 099)???

I thought I already answered that question.
YES, You can use the 1751MK2 scanner (RSB0047-051) connected to the RDP143 if you want. It would be configured and setup as a 1753C.
The RDP143 would be used in place of the RDP099.

Or it doesn't really matter if i use the rsb 0047 open array antenna with a lcr or crt monitor, is the rdp 143 lcd?
It doesn't matter. The choice is yours. The RDP143 is color so most would choose that.

That customer had an very old 1700 radar which is a totally different animal.

I remember cutting the cable when I removed it from my last boat, what's the best way to hook it up again, buying a new connector, new pins or splicing the wires and connect all of them back together, where do I get whatever I need to hook it up, any website link?

I would spice it back together. If you have lost the parts, some items can be ordered from your dealer (like raw cable and pins) but some item are no longer available for these roughly 20 year old units. You would need to determine what you need and see if the dealer can provide them.

How can I tell which unit I have, I was looking at the manual and it's for a 1722, 1722c or 1723c but I have no idea which is the one I have, what's the difference between the 1722 and 1723?

You would have none of the models because your mix would be a bit of a Frankenstein but would work. I revert to my first answer where I said it should be setup as 1753C.

The serial number for the display i have is 43114-2248 and it's says RDP-143.

That unit must not have sold from Furuno USA, I have no information on it. As I said before; as long as it has the radar connection on the back, it will work.

One last question, I understand that the scanner or sensor part of the open array can be upgraded with bigger ones, is that the same case with the rsb 0047, for example can I upgrade from the 2' scanner to 3.5' or 4'?

Absolutely NOT. These little 7" units are designed for domes. These special 2" units are the only open array type to work with them. No larger options for that display unless they are connected by network with a 10.4" or BB that has a larger radar connected to it. Radars for the 7" are NOT the same as those used for the 10.4/BB.

Awesome, I think I covered all the bases with the questions I had.

Thank you very much.

Hi, old thread. New question:

I’m also in for these small 2ft antennas (RSB-0047)

So just wanna check if i got all this right:
Is there different versions of the RSB-0047? On some of them the label says RSB-0047-0051 and on some just RSB-0047.
As I understand they are compatible with RDP-083 (1750), RDP-099 (1751(mk2!?)) RDP-130 (1742) and RDP-131 (1742C) But after reading this thread, are they also copatible with the RDP-143? I’ve lived with the illusion that the RDP-143 was compaitble only with the RSB-0091 (looks the same as RSB-0047 but with 4kw output instead of 1,5-2kw.)

To clarify my question in one centence: is the RSB-0047 and the RSB-0091 both compatible with the following: RDP-083, RDP-099, RDP-130, RDP-131 and RDP-143?

Kind regards,
Axel

Back