One Transducer 2 Different Machines

A

Anonymous

I would like to know if I can run two different machines off one transducer. I have a NN1 system with a BBFF1 in the boat and am putting in a 1870 as an extra unit incase my network goes down. Can i use one transducer and branch it out before going into the network sounder so i can run the nn1 sounder and the 1870 at the same time? what cables would be necessary to get this done?
Thanks
Thomas

Thomas,
Sorry to say that you won't be able to use both machines at the same time. However Airmar makes a switch so you will be able to use either the 1870 or NN1.

Snips

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,359
Ok thanks. yes i thought it would be too good to be true. I have in an older triducer that is not working 100%. It will hold bottom up to about 250' then be very erratic if my depth goes over that. Any ideas on why this would happen?Can i connect this to the 1870 and my new B260 to the network and run it this way? I have heard something that they have to be running on different kHz?
Thanks
Thomas

Thomas,
Yes you will be able to use either transducer on either machine. The BBFF1 has an internal jumper to boost the power to 1Kw where the 1870 has a menu setting. Out of the box both are set for 600w. If you have both on at the same time you see interference.
Using the sounders Noise Limiter control you "may" be able to suppress the interference to a reasonable level to where you can run both machines at the same time.

Snips

Back