NN3d will not boot up after chart updates

A

apropos346

I recently updated raster and vector charts on my NN3D. Operating with raster charts worked fine. Then I added AIS to the system. when I switched to vector chart display the chart flashed then system re-booted. When the reboot finishes and I hit roto key to accept warning same thing happens. If I time it correctly, I can get to menu before it crashes. I tried to re-install the vector charts but get message saying 'file not found' when it reads my SD card. AIS does not appear to be the problem as I turned off power to AIS and problem persists. Are there any options to resolve without turning to a technician?

When that happened to my unit I did a Master Reset which fixed it. I saved my waypoints etc before as the master reset clears them.

that's on my list of things to try...you didn't have to reinstall the charts? I haven't upgraded software, so that's also on my list. Was hoping to wait until after my vacation to upgrade software...

apropos346":1f2orhsc said:
that's on my list of things to try...you didn't have to reinstall the charts? I haven't upgraded software, so that's also on my list. Was hoping to wait until after my vacation to upgrade software...
The charts are not touched by a master reset. You may have to re-enter the unlock codes for any purchased charts.

Back