NN3D Specific Chart Download Questions

buefin039

I have made a 32gb card with the latest free maps for the NN3D systems. I have a few questions and observations I was hoping to get answered to make sure I get everything correct. One observation I did find to help people is that when you click some of the download links for charts on Furuno USA website nothing happens. If you right click it and copy the URL and then past it into a new tab then the download will start.

1. Tides Charts: I have found 3 tides charts available, but I am not sure what is the latest one for the Navnet 3D. Furunos site has version 01 for the NN3D and version 12 that is stated for the TZT systems. The TImezero chart catalogs also has a third version. Version 06. I assume version 06 is the latest version for NN3D. Can anyone confirm if that is correct.

2. In regards to the USA Raster Charts there used to be version 01-09. Now the timezero charts catalog only has version 01-06R. I believe maps 07, 08 and 09 are now just lumped into 06R but wanted to confirm. You can still download 07-09 from Furunos website. I left 07-09 off my SD card for now.

3. This question relates to the one above. On the USA Raster charts there is corresponding 3D charts. There used to be areas 01-06, but now timezero chart catalog only has downloads for areas 02-06. Area 01 is still downloadable from Furuno. I believe this 01 area coincides with Raster charts 07-09. My assumption is 3D area 01 is lumped into one of the 02-06 areas. I have left this off my card for now until I have more information.

4. The US Gulf Raster Block charts is also not on the timezero charts catalog for download. If I am running the newest version 16 US raster charts do I need the block chart? It is MM3-USR-BCS.

Basically I have noticed many charts missing from the time zero chart catalog download. This is where Furuno redirects you for most the free chart downloads now. I just wanted to know if there was a specific reason for this or if I should add them all to my card.

Thanks for All The Help

https://mytimezero.com/charts-catalog will show you the coverage areas for many of the charts in question.
1. I'll dig in tho this a bit more. Safe bet would be to stick with the 01 version we offer on the website. I'll post back here when I find out more on this.
2. This is correct. 1-6R is the entirety of coverage.
3. Area 01 is the Great Lakes and I do not believe it to be lumped into any other batch.
4. Block charts are a grid laid on top of raster charts that denote oil and gas leasing blocks. Primarily used by the oil industry. You would only NEED them if you were using them for situational awareness. They are just visual references and not the legal boundaries.
As they find more efficient ways to compress data and streamline the coverage zones the area numbers have changed. That is why it is handy to reference the coverage areas at the link above. This caught me one time when I sent links to areas by memory and they had made a change...

Regarding 1.
The file available for download from us is up to date. It must be named the way it downloads from us for NavNet 3D so disregard the "version number".

Back