NN3D BB with BBDS1

I just ordered a BBDS1 for my NN3D BB, surfing the Furuno web page and found a s/w update?? Is this the same as the v2.13 update or something different? As I remember when I did that update, there were two version for the BB depends on which model of BB motherboard. Did not see that with the BBDS1 update..

Where can I find instruction on how to update?

thanks for your time.

The software for the BBDS1 is posted under the support page of the product at www.FurunoUSA.com.
1675434259062.png
Here is a direct link to the support page of the BBDS1 for your convenience. You will find the software under the Software tab. Conducting the software update is just like doing an incremental update of the NN3D. You put it on an SD card (2gb or less if using a MFDBB) and go to the menu and select "Update network equipments". It reboots into update mode and offers to update the sounder. You only need to hit start for the update to work and leave it alone till if finishes and reboots back to operational mode.

If the BBDS1 is new, it should already come with the newest software. Furuno USA ensures nothing ships out with older software, unlike others, because we have access to our warehouses. There is only one hardware version of the BBDS1.

OK, thanks.. if I read your reply correctly, the update is to the BBDS1 itself and not the MFDBB or the MFD12.

The unit is new, currently being shipped. Is there a way to tell if the update is needed? Is there a firmware version I can see via the MFDBB? I downloaded the update last night when I came across them.

thanks

Back