NMEA 0183 connections on FCV 620

A

Anonymous

Hey guys,
Trying to connect my Raytheon 300 plotter to my FCV 620 for lat/long on the 620 display. If this would work, which wires go where??? Anyone know if this combination will talk both ways, that is, when I hit the event or mark button on the FCV 620 will it show up on the plotter? Thanks in advance. CT

If your plotter supports the input of the NMEA "TLL" (Target Lat/Lon) sentence, then it should work bi-directional. If not, then I would wire the GPS data from your plotter to the sounder. (Uni-directional) The NMEA input wires on the FCV620 are the YELLOW (+) and Green (-) wires. The output would be the WHITE (+) and BLUE (-). Here is the decoder ring for reading the Furuno interconnection diagram at the back of the manual (pg S-1).

TD = Transmit Data
RD = Receive Data
A = +
B = -
H = Hot/High/+
C = Cold/Common/-
SD = Send Data
SG = Signal ground

Johnny,
Thanks for the response. It will be a week or so before I can try to get this working. Hope it does the trick. Thanks again. CT

I 've a usb to serial converter (RS422/485) and i want to connect Furuno 620 with drdepth.
How can i?

RS422 Pin
1 TX-
2 TX+
3 RX+
4 RX-
5 GND
6 +9V

Furuno
?????

Help me please.

Without looking at the manual for the device you are using; I would say that you would take the FCV620 (RS422 NMEA out) to the converters RS422 NMEA input/receive. It would look something like this.

FCV620 ---------------- 422 to USB converter

White (+) output -------- Pin 4 RX (+)
Blue (-) output ----------- Pin 5 RX (-)

It might be also good to contact the manufacturer of the converter to make sure it sounds correct to them.

Tnk...i'll try it

And the nmea menu is

NMEA Port : In/Out
NMEA Output : On
WAAS Setup : Off
TLL Output : Furuno-TLL

??

Since you are not sending the depth/temp and TLL data to another Furuno unit; I would recommend you change the TLL output to "TLL" and not Furuno TLL. Otherwise, the settings are good.

Johnny Electron":31naqvi8 said:
Without looking at the manual for the device you are using; I would say that you would take the FCV620 (RS422 NMEA out) to the converters RS422 NMEA input/receive. It would look something like this.

FCV620 ---------------- 422 to USB converter

White (+) output -------- Pin 4 RX (+)
Blue (-) output ----------- Pin 5 RX (-)

It might be also good to contact the manufacturer of the converter to make sure it sounds correct to them.

Blue (-) output -----------Pin 5 in GND or RX- ?

Back