New to the TZ touch 2 and have some questions.

ELGATODOS

Furuno Fan
Just installed the 15" yesterday and have a few questions.

1. SST is switched on, yet it does not show on the screen. How do I make the SST show on the screen?
2. Can certain information be on the screen at all times like Lat/Long? Or just in the data box?
3. After about 10-15 minutes the unit starts the demo movie, why? And how do I switch that off?
4. Twice during the hour we messed with the unit, the screen went black and says "Can't play this video" what causes that? It's not hooked up to any sort of video input.

System is currently the display, a B260 through hull ducer, and nmea 2000 to Simrad auto pilot, heading sensor and AIS radio.
AIS is working fine.

Thanks, Bryan
1984 36' Hatteras Express

ELGATODOS,
please see the responses to your questions below in red. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Just installed the 15" yesterday and have a few questions.

1. SST is switched on, yet it does not show on the screen. How do I make the SST show on the screen?
You need to swipe from the left to bring up the data box and add SST to the data box.
2. Can certain information be on the screen at all times like Lat/Long? Or just in the data box?
all information will be displayed on the data box. you can not overlay data onto the screen.
3. After about 10-15 minutes the unit starts the demo movie, why? And how do I switch that off?
Not sure why the demo movie is playing. But, you can turn it off by going to Setting-General-Demo Movie. turn it to off.
4. Twice during the hour we messed with the unit, the screen went black and says "Can't play this video" what causes that? It's not hooked up to any sort of video input.
Where you clicking on the camera Page?

System is currently the display, a B260 through hull ducer, and nmea 2000 to Simrad auto pilot, heading sensor and AIS radio.
AIS is working fine.

Thanks, Bryan
1984 36' Hatteras Express[/quote]

I understand the concept and I see how to do that in the black/white paper manual that comes with the unit under "Data Area" (Data Box) But what I don't see is the option for "SST" in the "Add Nav Data" menu.

Also, how do I go about creating a new way point where the vessel is in it's current position? MOB? Then edit the info there to create a waypoint?

Also, how do I start creating track lines. I don't see how to start these and change their color like on my old Simrad NSS16 Evo 2?

Thanks for all the help.

If you are brand new to the system you should watch the how to videos on Furuno’s YouTube page. They were a great starting point for me.

ELGATODOS,
Thank you for the clarification. When you touch on a blank spot on the Data bar the menu to the right pops up. SST is down towards the bottom and the first option under wind and weather. Are you seeing that?

You can create an event where the vessel is located one of two ways. First, if you go to the setting page under general you can set the gesture function as Event. now when you touch the screen with two fingers it will drop a point where the vessel is located. Secondly, you can swipe out from the right and tap on event from that menu. either way works.

To start a new track line touch on the boat icon while on the chart page and turn the slider next to track to on. you can then edit that track in the settings menu.

Back