Tz Touch 2 Sea Surface Temperature

bfeehan911

I recently installed and connected an Airmar B125 to my touch 2. It shows all of the features, except my sea surface temp is way off. It currently reads 5 degrees Fahrenheit. I know there is a setting to calibrate the offset but it is still not enough offset to get the actual SST. Any suggestions on how to correct this? As a side note I had the same problem on my old transducer. It seems that when I updated the Furuno software last year it started to throw it off. I actually thought that I had a bad temp sensor on my old transducer, hence purchasing the new one.

I would recommend ohming your temp sensor in the transducer (pin 4&7) to see what reading you get. Normal temp sensors will read about 10K to 12K ohm. I have no information on the transducer you mention. https://www.airmar.com/sitesearch.html?search=B125
If the transducer temp sensor is not reading correctly it could be a type made for another brand or bad. Airmar should be able to offer solutions. If the transducer temp sensor ohms good, then the sounder should be sent in for repair evaluation.

Here's an example of what Johnny was talking about:

IMG_2442.JPG

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Back