GP330b sometimes does not send data to "some" devices

OK so I have a setup with TZT14 and TZT9 MFD's I have a GP330b, drs radar, and pg700 heading sensor . (pic of device list included) I also have 2 IF-NMEA2K devices. One is for a 3rd party AIS. this one is in AIS mode and works fine. The other one I have tried in Normal and Hi-speed mode with the same results. Both of the lights on the IF-NMEA 2K devices are blinking.

I have a seperate VHF radio and Yamaha Command link plus gauge They pull location data/time from the CAN/1083 backbone. Sometimes (becoming more often than not now) these devices will not pull location data or time. Sometimes they do.... The MFD's always have the data though. This is not a huge deal but more of an annoyance. especially since the gauges are set to use the time to change between day/night mode. without the time, they default to night mode...On a bright sunny day, this is rather difficult to see the screen to change it back to day...

Attached is a picture of the network set-up and wiring. (Disregard the sticky note, that is a wiring pin-out for connecting a computer to the FLIR camera)

Any thoughts on where or how to troubleshoot this?

Attachments

• furuno data.jpg
    furuno data.jpg
    725 KB · Views: 7
  • Furuno network.jpg
    Furuno network.jpg
    747.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Furuno wiring.jpg
    Furuno wiring.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
The Data source page you provided looks okay. The 2000 bus doesn't show any instance conflicts. I am a bit confused what you mean about CAN/1083. I know NMEA 2000 is a CAN bus but not sure if you are meaning NMEA 2000 or what. I don't see these gauges on the 2000 bus in your list so I am a bit lost. How do these gauges connect to the system?

Sorry, I thought the engine gauges were NMEA2000...

Per the manual for the gauges..."The Multi-Display conforms to NMEA0183, "
"Displays the time and name of the main screen selected.
Time will not be displayed if time information is not received
from the network."

I know that the VHF radio is connected through 0183. It is an ICOM M604 FWIW.

The gauges are separate from the MFD's I believe that they only pull the time from the network.

So I think that the GPS sends data through the 2000 backbone, the IF-NMEA2k2 is connected to that backbone and then converts the data to NMEA0183 for these devices to utilize..... That sound correct?

It could be. I would recommend confirming before changing anything because guesstronics is not a good thing. It is never fun to make problems worse. It seems whatever the connection the gauges are not getting what they need or they have a problem. You might check with the company if they are running the newest software or not. It might be an old software bug they have since solved. It could be data flow but you must know exactly how they are wired to to start making changes. They might be wired directly to the NMEA output on one of the MFDs and when that one MFD is off you don't have the needed data. It also could be that someone has turned on too many sentences and the data is stopping. Trying to put too many sentence down a pipe that is too small is like putting too many beebees down a funnel, they will just back up and stop. Data flow is important. The first step is to know how it is connected with 100% certainty.

I will try to track it down. nothing has been added/changed to this network in the 10 years that we have had the boat. It seems to be a flow problem somewhere. when the gauges get the time then the VHF gets the location as well. it is never one or the other... I will try and track down the wiring, but it is a pain because of how neatly bound up everything is...(too much of a good thing I guess)

Back