New Electronics

Gillaroo

Hi All
I bought a GW 265 Express with twin F-225 yamahas. I am going to re-rig her electronics and am leaning towards a full suite of Furuno. I will put in AP, Radar, Chartplotter/fish finders. I saw someone that did a nice job with 12in screens. I am wide open to suggestions and have a few questions. I will be using the boat primarily in the Great Lakes

1. What AP should I get? I want one that has some type of remote control
2. For cost reasons I was looking at 2 (or three) 1971 f screens. Other than size and price, what are the differences between TZ Touch 3 and 1971f?
3. Looking at NXT dome with doppler. Good choice?
4. is there anything else I need, or should do since i will be basically be starting from scratch.
5. Transducer - I just want to find fish - i do not think i would use side scan. Any suggestions?

thanks

Gillaroo

Navpilot 300 would be a good choice for your boat.
You can't go with the NXT radar using the GP1971F units. You must have a Navnet TZT-TZT3 unit to run the NXT. The GP1971F units are not NavNets but they look a bit like them. They can support only one radar and that is the DRS4W wireless radar. The NXT is a fantastic choice but it can't run on the GP1971F type unit. For the great lakes, I would most likely suggest the P66 unless you decide to go Chirp. Chirp transducers cost more but work really good for those depth levels. I guess the first thing you must decide is what type of plotter you plan to go with. Transducer will depend greatly on if you go GP1971F, TZT2, or TZT3.

Back