New DRS4DNXT stop transmitting after 6 hours

Battleaxe

Hello All, I recently installed a new DRS4DNXT on a one year old TZT2 12 inch screen. The radar stopped transmitting after 6 hours of use and after hours of trouble shooting between myself and tech support the conclusion is that the pig tail part#000-191-106-10 is bad. The power is transmitting but Ethernet is not. I ran a temp cat cable from the dome to my TZ and it all worked correctly. Furuno was supposed to ship me a new one but they have told me that its on back order till mid October. So basically I bought a brand new radar that doesn't work any more because of a faulty cable and now my offshore fishing season is shot. Is there any other places where i can order one of these pig tails before I install a water proof cable gland and run my own cat cable. I really don't want to do that as it probably nullifies the warranty.
PS I love the products from Furuno because at the same time of ordering this radar dome I also ordered a fcv800, arimar B175HW and 711c auto pilot. The support team is great and i appreciate all the help they have given me. But loosing my system from a bad pigtail cable assembly royally sux.

Thanks Rexx

If you must run your own ethernet cable, use an outdoor grade shielded cable and you should be good. The normal indoor IT cat5/6 cables won't last a year in the sunshine/ocean environment. Outdoor grade stuff is meant for roofs and towers and such and will last well. Tie a knot, loosely, inside the dome for strain relief or zip tie it down and make sure it's out of the path of the rotating antenna.

Back