New cooling fan install for TZT2-15

Sdpaddler50

I got an error code the fan was not running at rated speed shortly after upgrading to Ver 8.0.

I have run the TZT a good 8 hours since then, and did not get the fan speed error code again.

To be safe, I ordered a new fan from Furono.

Anything specific I should be aware of to install it?

Thank you.

Did you factory reset your TZTL15F and the internal TZT sounder after you software updated it? More than likely its not the fan that's the issue but the fact that the internal sounder wasn't reset to factory default. Not resetting that to Hardware Factory Default can cause the false alarm of the Fan.

Best Regards

Yes, I did reset the TZT and sounder after the update and was very careful to follow the directions. The fan alarm only occurred once, I believe on the last reboot after everything was finished. I have run the TZT for about 6 hours at the dock (testing it) including turning it on and off many times and have not seen the fan alarm again.

I am therefore not crazy about pulling the old fan out, but concerned the fan issue will come back later (this Summer) when I am traveling for a few months.

I don't recommend anyone not familiar to go inside of the case. The fan would require you get under one of the boards and remove several surface mount ribbon cables. The hold down connecters that keep these cables in place are very delicate and if broken, the entire board would require replacement. I think it was a software blip. If the fan was bad , it would happen a lot more than once. I wouldn't recommend any action at this stage.

Back