TZT2 / DRS Install / setup questions

C

Catmando

I recently installed a couple of TZT2 15's, DRS12A, Navpilot 711, etc. and finally got everything up and running last week. I just noticed this morning however that the DRS has been powered up in stand-by mode since I splashed the boat last week, showing over 200 hours (less than one in transmit mode). During my install I emailed Furuno Support about a disconnect switch and was told to let the TZTouch's power down the network. Obviously I misunderstood something along the way or have something setup incorrectly. So does anyone know if there any way to have the TZT2's power down the DRS/PSU-012 or do I need to install a separate disconnect switch?

I also noticed that when I configure an instrument screen on one of my MFD's, it over-writes the instrument screen on the second MFD. In fact all the settings seem to mirror across the two TZT's. Is this something that can be configured? On one hand I like the idea of not having to recreate a screen but on the other hand I like the idea of having different screen's/settings across the two displays.

Thanks

Each hot page should be customizable so it should be possible for you to create another hot page to select for your second machine so you see different data.

When J7 jumper (bypass of NN3D power sync) is installed in the PSU12, it will be powered on any time your radar breaker is. If after power off your TZT if you want to power down the PSU/Radar you will need to turn off the radar breaker. If you have a shared breaker, then you might consider putting in a power switch just for the PSU12 so you can turn off the power to it when you main breaker is on and you don't plan to use the radar.

Thanks for the reply Johnny. I will go back at the hot pages and see if I can work it out. In terms of the settings will the MFD's allow me to have separate configurations such as Units (e.g. knots on one MFD and SM/MPH on the other)? Because currently whenever I change anything on one MFD the same setting on the other MFD mirrors the setting. Not a big deal either way, just trying to figure out how everything works.

So there is no way to control power to the DRS from the TZT2 other than switching between standby and transmit?

So there is no way to control power to the DRS from the TZT2 other than switching between standby and transmit?

Correct

I would have to check because I have so many systems in my head but many setting are considered "GLOBAL" which means that if you change it on one unit, it will change on the others on the network.

Back