Couple Question on TZT2-12

syrupdawg

I finally got to splash my boat today after getting the transducer installed last week. I have a DFF3 and a R599LH transducer with a ST-02MSB speed and temperature sensor. When I first turn the system on the machine will go back and forth on the depth reading between the TZT12F and the DFF3 on the sensor list even though the DFF3 is set as the preferred. Problem is I don't have a transducer hooked to the TZT2 unit. It even showed the PG700 as the current source for depth at one point when the DFF3 was set as current.

Another question I have and I could possibly be blind. My temperature sensor is plugged into the Dff3. I'm getting the temp reading but for the life of me I cant figure out how to get the Sea Surface Temperature (water temp) displayed on the sounder screen. When I go to the sensor list it shows the DFF3 as the source and shows the temperature there. I just cant figure out how to get it on the screen.

Also my autopilot is in my NMEA2k system along with everything else. On my autopilot display it will not show my position and also wont pick up the speed on auto mode. I'm just wondering if theres something simple I'm missing. Here is a picture to hopefully help diagnose the problem.
IMG_20170305_164658424_zps9prq2bmc.jpg

These are just minor issues and I love these units. They are lightyears above my previous units. Thank you Furuno!

One of the setup screens on your 711 AP allows you to select the nav source on your network. Check to make sure you have selected your MFD.
I have a 711c and I'm getting ready to install a pair of TZT2-12 units next week so hopefully this works. BTW - this is how I have identified my VX2 to the AP.
Good luck.

The first issue sounds like the DFF3 digital depth is not staying consistently present. If the DFF3 is the preferred depth source and the data drops out, the system will cycle through other items looking for an alternate source of depth. If you can bring up the DFF3 and show consistent depth numbers not dropping out, then the TZT2 should stay locked on it as your primary source.

The auto pilot is Seaveepete says but the data you select must be present on the NMEA 2000 bus to pick. Data flow is very important so not knowing everything on your system and how it is wired, it might be best you contact tech support while you are on the boat.

If you want to see temp from your DFF3, ensure it is selected at your SST source as primary, then open and setup a SST data box on the sounder screen or touch the screen and turn on "Temp" to turn on your temp graph.

I guess you will have to explain how to set up a data box or graph on the sounder screen to me. I can't find an option for it and I can't find anything about it in the manual. The source is set to dff3 as primary and it shows the temperature reading when I go to the data source screen. Here are the only options I get when in the sounder screen.

IMG_20170306_124406126_zpsglrbhnff.jpg

On your example photo, scroll down the boxes with your finger because there are more selections not shown that you are missing.

Thank you for the help on the water temperature. I got it to pull up as a graph on the sounder screen. Is there any way to just display it as a number and not a graph?

Rather than start a new thread I figured Id ask my question in here. I have a GP330 antenna on my hardtop. The system has yet to recognize it as a sensor on the TZT2. I called Furuno technical support and he wanted me to ohm out the NMEA2000 connection. I did that today and I get 60 ohms between the blue and white wires with the power cut off to the system which is what he said it was supposed to be. I also get 12.3 volts on it when the power is turned on. I originally had the antenna going into the end of the NMEA "T" with the terminator pin in the GP330 puck. After it not picking up the antenna I took the pin out, hooked the antenna up in drop cable configuration, and put a terminator on the end which is the way it presently is. Here is a picture of my NMEA "t". In order from the left to the right
First one is the wire I put on the system to test the ohms and voltage, wire going to Autopilot controller, empty, power wire, TZT12, PG700 Heading sensor, TZT12, GP330.
I think you will have to click this link to see the full picture it wont show the whole thing on a direct picture.
http://s962.photobucket.com/user/syrupdawg/media/IMG_20170314_163344860_zps1tzpqy7z.jpg.html?o=0

I'm wondering if my autopilot not reading my position "like asked earlier in this thread" is not related to this. Everything else seems to be communicating correctly.

All my problems are resolved. After calling tech support today I think we have narrowed it down to the GP330 being bad. Thank you

Back