Navnet VX2 Sounder and GPS not working

R

roxygirl

Hello.
I have a Navnet VX2 Radar 1964C, with GP-310B Plotter, and ETR-6/10N Network Sounder (Furuno 520-IHD Plastic In-Hull Transducer, 600w (10-Pin). System about 8 years old and has been great...but.
Question 1: Stopped receiving depth and soundings and replace transducer. Still no depth or soundings and green light on Sounder is flashing.
Any thoughts?

Question 2: I have been trying to get Sounder to work. Just this past weekend GPS stopped working and alarm noted "No position data present". I am not picking up satellites.
Any thoughts?

For item one; it is normal for the sounder to flash at a slow rate of one second on and one second off. If you can hear your transducer clicking when you put your ear next to it then I would only guess your setup settings are wrong. You might want to double check your sounder source and run the sounder test.

For item two: I would check the the NMEA port monitor for data one which the GPS should be attached and see if you have data coming in from the GPS and if that data show any Lat/Lon information. Ensure the GPS has clear view of the sky. If data shows but no Lat/Lon then the antenna might have gone bad. If the data is garbled, you might have the port setup for the wrong baud rate.

Hello Johnny. I had it wrong setting on the GPS and that has been corrected. Thank you!

Sounding unit is flashing and I hear the transducer clicking. Is there a possibility I have to update my software for the new transducer? I am still not getting depth or ground readings

Not sure what software you are talking about the sounder or the Navnet but software wouldn't be an issue in this case. Did you try the actions I suggested? What is your sounder source setup for? What happened when you ran the sounder test?

Thanks for the help. I replaced Sounder Unit and it worked.

Back