Navnet vx2 rdp-149 is dead. Worth fixing?

cmetzenberg

So my old vx2 is dead. From what I read it's most likely the processor as it next gets past the black screen with sliding blue bar. 600 bucks later I have a used vx2 in it's place and am up and running.
Is my dead unit fixable? Is it worth anything? Should it go in a dumpster?

I am sure it is worth something to someone but we don't conduct sales or purchases via this support forum. I would recommend contacting the local Furuno dealers in your area to see if they might be interested in the unit or list it on an appropriate boaters forum.

As someone who does a bit of sales/support/repair... I would not offer money for it. If I had one broken one for parts such as connectors, keypads, card readers, etc.. that's cool but we don't run a junkyard due to space limitations. If a customer could not upgrade due to boat physical constraints, a nice used one would be better than fixing it. I do the same thing with cameras for hobby... a 10 year old camera is a tremendous value if you know how to use it, but isn't likely going to be fixable if it breaks, but I'm cool with that for hobby use. For marine electronics, I benefit by selling a new system not just because of money, but it's easier to use and more reliable for the customer meaning less support needs.

Google max marine electronics, they have a large vx2 collection, have helped me out in the past they know them inside and out. depending on what's worng with it they may have the parts, if it was me I would at leat send it to them see what is wrong with it. The vx2s are a solid machine, c-map chart cards are still available..

Back