Navnet VX2 plotter freezing up

R

rwest

Hi,

I am a recreational boater, I have a RDP-149(serial #4346-2477). unit is "freezing up" in plotter mode:

loosing GPS fix
Buttons freezing up
loosing chart (some or partial)
after powering down, sometimes will not power up, after some period of time, ultimately will turn back on

Fishfinder seems to work perfectly
Radar seems to work perfectly

any tips on trouble shooting greatly appreciated.

I am not too electronics saavy

Thanks in advance!

Rob

I am experiencing the same issue with my units. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance!

Same questions for you case then. The Vx2 has been around since 2005. You should first ensure you are running the current software and start looking for items that cause lock ups like Chart cards and data loops.

Johnny, I have the same unit and the same problem with freezing up. It will be fine for weeks and then the screen will freeze. If I turn off the breakers and reboot, it comes back up and is fine. What software version should I be using, ie, what is the latest version? :questions

Current Vx2 software depends on if it is C-map or Navionics programming.

CMap is version 4.03
Navionics is version 4.01

problem can be the amound of data on the navionics charts the VX2 cannot handel this anymore

Hello,
Here I have a very similar problem. Two Navnet VX2 processors are installed. Let say left and right. Each processor has its own LCD and keyboard, of course. The right processor has a C-map installed, NMEA GPS antenna connected, radome radar antenna (4kW), and NMEA HS for AIS and is connected to the left processor via the Navnet network Hub. A network and an open radar antenna (6kW) are connected to the left processor, no chart, nothing else is connected. The left processor often freezes, there is no position update on chart. When the radar of the left processor is on TX radar image never freezes.
What could be the problem, please?

Normally we frown on posts to very old threads and they can get overlooked. This would have been better as a new thread. From the sound of it, either the two units are not running the same programming or you have a network issue somehow or even a data loop. You might want to call into technical support while on the boat.

Back