navnet vx2 dff3 and 2kw 50 hz transducer

A

Anonymous

Hi, I have a vx2 system on my boat and have recently replaced my old sounder module with a dff3. I am using a 2kw 200 hz tranny for shallow water which works great and recently installed a 2kw 50 hx tranny for deep water the problem is that the 50hz will not register bottom in 150 metres of water it seems that the signal is too weak, when you put your hand under the 200hz you can really feel the pulse but under the 50 the pulse seems very weak is there any way of testing a tranny to make sure it is working properly or do you think that it would be a settings problem,

Cheers,

Rosco.

Rosco,
There really is no easy to test a transducer without a sweep generator. How are the transducers mounted?

Snips

HI Snips,both trannys are transom mounted the 50 works OK in shallow water so I don't think mounting is the problem I can't get a bottom reading with the 50 in 150 metres of water at rest the picture just fades out at a bit over 100 and even in shallow water the picture is weak I have to pump up the gain and then get too much interference,
Cheers,
Rosco.

Rosco,
Double check that the transducers aren't reversed, the installation manual can be a little confusing. Go by the LF and HF marks on the circuit board where the transducers connect. Also make sure they are connected to pins 1 & 3 on the WAGO connectors.

Snips

Back