NavNet Vx2 connection

Tollycraft2018

Hello all,

After reading many posts, and being a new Furuno fan, I have decided to send my first post.

System contains the following:
(2) RDP-148, (1) GP320B, (1) 1623 Radar w/ display, (1) NAVTEX NX-300 w/ NX-3H ant. and (2) FM-3000

My plan is to have the 1623, (1) RDP-148 w/GP-320B connected, NAVTEX-300 w/ NX-3H connected and (1) FM-3000 on the bridge.

The remaining RDP-148 and FM-3000 will be at the lower helm.

I have a network cable to run between the RDP-148 units which I am hoping that by doing so, both units will be functional (not just a repeater) and access to the Navionics Gold Chart card in the chart slot of the unit on the bridge.

How do I connect the FM-3000 in to access GPS for DSC?
Can the 1623 be connected into the network so I can overlay or will it have to remain as a stand alone unit?

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Freeman

Yes if configured properly and both units are programmed for Navionics; they will share the the same chart card. The unit with the mapping will of course bring the map up faster because it has direct access. Be aware that Navionics hasn't made charts for these units in some time so if you end up needing updated charts it would have to be converted to C-map. The 1623 radar is not a network device so it would still be a standalone device but you could wire GPS data to it. The 7" Navnet units have limited data ports. I would advise using the data port 1 of the unit which doesn't have the GPS attached to drive NMEA data out to your radio. You would use the White(+) and Blue(-) wires (when using NMEA cable p/n 000-154-024) from data one and turn on the appropriate NMEA sentences in your settings. (Normally GGA, GLL, VTG, ZDA, RMB)

Great information. Thank you for your input.

I might want to look into converting to C-Map, now I am getting an "NG" code under card slot during display unit test.

Back