is a NMEA-2000 connection to ADP-139 or ETR-6/10N possible?

Jason27183

I bought a boat with a RDP-139 chart plotter/radar/depth sounder and a ETR-6/10N unit for the depth sounder. Furuno units are new to me, and the "NavNet" is something I'm not familiar with.

I put a NMEA2000 backbone in the boat. What I'd like to do is to get the depth information from the depth sounder onto the NMEA2000 network. There's an ethernet switch in the system that I assume connects the devices together somehow. The ADP-139 unit has DATA 1-4 ports on the back with only 1 and 2 having anything plugged into them. 3 and 4 are empty.

Is there a way to get the depth sounder info from this system onto my NMEA2000 system?

Last edited:
I believe you mean a RDP-139. Short answer is yes, you can get depth onto the N2K. You'll need an 0183 to N2K converter, something like the IF-NMEA2k2, actisense or Yacht Devices.

Someone else will have to help (or search this site) with the connection - it's been too many years that I had that same setup.

I believe you mean a RDP-139.

Darn it, yes I meant an RDP-139. Thank you for your answer. At least I know it's possible. The 0183 to N2K converter isn't a problem, there seems to be several on Amazon easy enough to buy. But I need to know which two pins from the Furuno units are the 0183 lines and if there's any setup required on the RDP-139 to send the data out...

Below is the connector drawing for the sounder. The "Network" connector has a transmit pair. I put a red bar by them. Would these signals be compatible with NMEA 0183???
1701105838548.png

Those signals are Ethernet proprietary data. Any interfacing of water depth/temp/speed data will have to be done at the display unit using the DATA connections on the back of the display. The display will receive the Ethernat data and convert to NMEA0183 for output via the DATA connections.

Those signals are Ethernet proprietary data. Any interfacing of water depth/temp/speed data will have to be done at the display unit using the DATA connections on the back of the display. The display will receive the Ethernat data and convert to NMEA0183 for output via the DATA connections.
That's new information for me. Thank you. I'm learning...

Back