Navnet VX2 cables

dcariou

I have an older Navnet VX2 system that I aqm installing. The cable numbers are confusing.
w
What is the correct network cable to connect my two display units together?
The cables I have are MJ-A6SPF0007-1000 and MJ-A^SPF0003-050C
Is there a site that explains all the cable number?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Dean

The needed cable to directly connect two displays together is blue 6 pin to 6 pin cable. It goes from Network to Network. Most people have other network items like a sounder that requires they have a hub. The blue cables are network cable and almost always cross-over cables. The MJ numbers are not the normal part numbers of the cable so there is no place you can look these up. Technical support can normally cross them to the Furuno Part #. In your case the MJ-A6SPF0007-100C is Furuno part number 000-159-695 which is a 10 meter black cable used to connect up the heading sensor from the 6 pin heading port to a fluxgate compass. It is NOT a network cable. The MJ-A6SPF0003-050C is Furuno part number 000-154-054. That is a black 6 pin open NMEA pigtail for wiring NMEA data on 6 pin ports and also not a network cable.

Thanks so much for your help. This is the first forum I have ever joined. I am glad it was recommended to me.
Cheers, Dean

Back