Nav Pilot 700; No Nav Data Wait for 1 seconds

pmai

I have a TZT2BB, new last year and the original Nav Pilot 700 (2015) that have been working fine until this past week. When i try to Nav to a point it alarms and says "No Nav Data". Also, heading hold is operating erratically.

That sounds like two different issues. Holding a heading (called AUTO mode) only requires HEADING and hydraulics to be working properly. I would first check your heading reads roughly the same as your COG and Steering compass when moving straight (all four directions). If the heading is wrong, that needs to be fixed before anything can move forward in AUTO or Nav mode. If heading is good all four directions, then it sounds like something is up with the hydraulics. Checking hard over times, rudder test should help you narrow down what is happening. What is the hard over to hard over when using the pump (dodge buttons) and what does the Rudder test say (when ran in the water with engines at idle).

ok, steering fluid is down a bit (1/4 of the glass bulb) , and i found some fluid in the bilge. while i'm hunting down the source of the leak, could this be the cause of all my issues?

Agreed. Low fluid/air or leaks is not good for an autopilot to hold the rudder/engines.

Air in the system can cause bubbles/frothing in the lower pressure hydraulic fluid storage tank causing it to overflow/vent. This would cause a mess and loss of some fluid by not a lot at once.

does anyone know if the Navpilot 700 has its own hydraulic pump for steering or does it communicate with the SeaStar pump for steering?

The pilot doesn't sell with a pump. It is custom fit to the boat/install. Some boat steering systems have a dedicated pilot connection so only the installer would know what they did when they installed it. You of course can look at what the pilot is connected up to on the boat and see what they did.

Back