SCX20 - TZ touch 3: No heading error

I’m struggling with the same error and probable collision also.

What’s the magic to get logging to turn on. I have put 2 separate reasonable microSDs into the microSD slot and setup won’t allow me to turn logging on. When I try and export settings to it I get a “no items found” error.

NMEA 2000 recording feature of the TZT2/3 is stored to a USB stick. It sounds like you are trying to use microSD cards which used for mapping at the back of the unit. If you get a USB stick and insert it to the unit "USB1"; it should then offer you the right option.

DreamMaker":17sn8uyh said:
attachment is my NMEA 2000 log file. I am still trying to find the bug.
Thanks for your help

If the attachment won't take because of size limit or something, PM me. I'd like to review the data file.

- Maggy

Here's a thought.
I also was getting an intermittent heading error last year. When rooting around in the wiring I noticed the installer had a slight bend in the backbone. To test I pulled swapped the heading sensor wire to a different position in the backbone. Voila it worked perfect. Replaced the "T" in the backbone and haven't seen the problem since.

I decided to replace the backbone of my NMEA2000 bus (4 ports x 2) to see what happen.
It fixed the intermittent "no heading" error I had in the past several weeks. Thanks everyone for helping.

Does your unit have a PG70 heading sensor unit. I would recommend doing the update which is not easy and I was told to unplug the PG 700 and only use it as a back up and make sure that everything is coming off the SX 20. Just a thought

Back