NP 300 No Nav Data Available error

ajax

Furuno Fan
My setup:
1. TZT12F
2. Navpilot 300 w/rudder feedback
3. SCX-20

I'm all configured and dockside provisioned. Autopilot (holding a straight line) works great. But when I select a waypoint or route and start navigation, it's not working as expected. The TZT3 asks if I want precision or economy mode, I select either, and then the NP300 engages and initially shows the correct heading. But within about 10 seconds, I get a flashing "No Nav Data Available" message on both the 300 and TZT3.

The 300 recognizes the SCX-20 and lists it under N2K settings. It also recognizes (obviously) the TZT3.

What am I doing wrong?

The connected SCX20 should be providing all the needed GPS data and heading. You would still need to provide the pilot three sentences from the plotter.

129283 (You are missing)

When you configure the pilot, you must also pick your "NAV Data Source" so it knows which units on the 2000 bus to listen to in driving the pilot. You want to make sure the TZT3 is selected as your primary Nav Source. (See pg 4-5 of OPs manual for more details)

Roger that, thank you. I don't know how I missed 283, will add that. The AP is using the SCX20, I have confirmed that. So hopefully adding 283 will fix it. Will report back. Thank you!

Follow up qtn, What PGNs is the Autopilot expecting altogether?

(I have a TZT2, 711C, 330B, SC-70, 800DST)

From above, we know we want 129283, 4,& 5 from the plotter. Is there a list of all the PGNs from whatever sources the Autopilot needs to have?

Thanks

The three are needed to steer the boat but the pilot also needs GPS data, SOG/COG etc. Those items are normally on the 2000 bus already from the GPS sensor/device. You must conducted the pilot setup and select these sources for them to be used.

Back