Nav 300 sticking

trapper

Morning, having a problemNav pilot 300, with an octopus pump, when hardcover to starboard in sticks and will not return without using the steering wheel to release it. Have no issues on hard over to port, as it will return. Can not use sabiki mode as it will not return after going over to starboard. Would appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks trapper

Was the pump a new one? Can turn the helm hard over to hard over by hand? If you go into the pilot setup can you move hard over to hard over using pump (in the pump bleed area)?

Thanks, new pump (octopus)but has been used on the AP for over a year. Discovered the issue while try the the sabiki mode, found it stuck when the pump went to hard over and could not return. The pump keeps on pumping. I can unstick it with the steering wheel. Have done the bleed in the system but not sure how to bleed the pump.maybe that is the issue.

I suspect the sticking is related to your steering cylinder. It is important that you not go too far hard over in your turns during the user setup of the pilot. It is difficult for the system when running virtual feedback so you must ensure you don't go too far to each side and hitting the stops or pushing past the point of operation of the steering cylinder. While the cylinder itself might have a problem, replacing it might not fix this if user induced during the initial pilot configuration. Normally when you stick the cylinder, if you turn the helm slowly in the opposite direction you will hear the cylinder pop free and the rush of fluid. If the cylinder is a bit small for the boat and you can't keep this from happening (by carefully redoing your pilot setup); the next step would be for you to add a RRU so the pilot knows exactly where you wish to stop the movement and go no further.

HI, Is there some way I can reset my auto pilot 300. Would like to try from the very beginning to program it again from scratch. Thanks

If wish to set NAVpilot 300 to factory default, go to the Installation Menu (press stby 3x quickly while pressing and holding wrench button). Then go to System and choose Factory Default. This will reset everything and the autopilot will need to be setup again.

Back