Furuno autopilot 300 and yamaha outboard

BlueDragon

Hi all,

I just got a new system with Furuno TZT3, autopilot 300 and yamaha outboard 200HP (without helm master ex).

The autopilot 300 works well with the yamaha outboard in auto and nav modes. However, I have few questions as follows:

1. Is there any "point lock" mode with yamaha outboard? Can I activate the "point lock" mode after I have reached the final waypoint?
I mean the autopilot is now at "standby" after reaching the final waypoint.
2. If not, then how can I "lock" the current position of my boat?
3. Is there similar "sabiki lock" mode?
4. Can the autopilot control the throttle / speed of the boat under normal auto / nav? Or, I need to do it manually when the autopilot is enagaged.
5. Same question for fishing modes, esp. in sabiki mode.

Sorry for some trivial questions. I am new to this autopilot system.

Thank you again.

Hi all,

I just got a new system with Furuno TZT3, autopilot 300 and yamaha outboard 200HP (without helm master ex).

The autopilot 300 works well with the yamaha outboard in auto and nav modes. However, I have few questions as follows:

1. Is there any "point lock" mode with yamaha outboard? Can I activate the "point lock" mode after I have reached the final waypoint?
I mean the autopilot is now at "standby" after reaching the final waypoint.
2. If not, then how can I "lock" the current position of my boat?
3. Is there similar "sabiki lock" mode?
4. Can the autopilot control the throttle / speed of the boat under normal auto / nav? Or, I need to do it manually when the autopilot is enagaged.
5. Same question for fishing modes, esp. in sabiki mode.

Sorry for some trivial questions. I am new to this autopilot system.

Thank you again.
1. Not clear what you mean by "point lock". There is a setting for what to do when you reach a waypoint, either cancel the navigation or retain it (IIRC)

2. Don't know what you mean?

3. Can't help with this one.

4. Throttle/speed control are independent of the AP system - this is true on all AP systems. AP only controls steering.

5. Same answer as #4.

The features you are looking for are only available with a 2022 (or maybe 2023) Suzuki with the appropriate hardware. There are a couple threads about it, but it only works with Suzuki. The NavPilot will point lock and will control the throttles.

Back