N2K AIS in 2.11

svjeorgia

Is using N2K for AIS new in 2.11? Previously I needed to input the AIS from my EMTRAK B-100 via 0183. It appears to work now using N2K connectivity? Any reason to leave it on 0183?

Paul

svjeorgia":32sqwczw said:
Is using N2K for AIS new in 2.11? Previously I needed to input the AIS from my EMTRAK B-100 via 0183. It appears to work now using N2K connectivity? Any reason to leave it on 0183?

Paul

The release notes does not say anything about AIS over N2K, are you sure it works now?
Sections referring to AIS (v2.11) are

• New: Compatibility with AIS-SART. Instead of a generic AIS triangle icon, SART icon is displayed. AIS –SART symbols are now displayed on NN3D MFD8/12 and MFDBB
  • Improved: AIS target symbol points to the “Course over Ground” (COG) when heading data is not available. Previous when heading was not available, AIS target would point North up

Could receiving AIS data on both N2K and 0183 create any problems?
Me not seeing AIS sart at all on my MFD?

svjeorgia":31ufrw2b said:
The AS unit shows up on the N2K page and allows me to select it there. I was surprised too.

My AIS device showed up on the port monitor screens with the previous version also, but I was unable to use the AIS data "floating" around on the N2K cable on the MFD8.

The "release notes" coming with v2.11 could at best be called sparse ;)

NN3D doesn't offer AIS via NMEA 2000. It works via network or NMEA 0183. Don't think that will ever change. It is possible to use the IF-NMEA2k2 to take a NMEA 2000 AIS unit into your 0183 NMEA port. The NMEA 2000 port Monitor tool will normally show items it sees on the network, but that doesn't mean it will accept the data it supplies. Sorry guys.

Back