Multiple Transducer location

Hammerhands

Does Furuno have suggested distance separation of mounting, when installing more than one transducer? I need to pick the best spots on a Trailered vessel
that has limited locations because of the obvious, bed bunks etc. I am installing a 165T-B54 and a B275 LWH-12P

Hammerhands,

I like to recommend between 3-6 ft (1-2 meters) between any transducer installation whenever possible. However, sometimes that may not be possible with limited space where these transducers might be installed. But the farther apart the better...

Also keep in mind, that both transducers are using wide beam widths. The 165T-B54 has a frequency of 165kHz and is using a 120° beam width, where the B275LHW-12P's High Frequency has a constant beam width of 25° using a CHIRP frequency between 150-250kHz.

There is strong possibility that these transducers frequencies will interfere with each other if they are both transmitting at the same time. So, I recommend that you should considering Key Pulsing (KP) both the Fish finders that will be using these transducers.

- Deep Blue 🤨

Back