High Speed Fairing

Hammerhands

When making cutting considerations on the high speed fairings, beam deadrise is easy enough to figure and cut. My concern lies in fore n aft angle and since I have a vessel on the trailer, I can set the hull to static level (as if in the water) easily. I am installing a 165T-B54 on the keel and a B275 to starboard in the D.R. So here goes: sitting @ level attitude and measuring at the keel location reveals a down angle/ratio of 5/16" in 12". The location of the B275 is close to level. I haven't found any reference info on the topic. It seems logical that if the installed position is level at rest, then any forward rise while underway would be advantageous to less turbulence/more wetted face of the X ducer. But now lets consider the "true downward" shot of sounding thru the units?????? Inviting all tangible approaches, Thanks Guys

I have those same 2 transducers installed on a 40ft offshore boat. In the gulf of mexico we have enough waves that the fore/aft angle of my hull is constantly changing not to mention the port/stbd. Changing by much more than your measurement. And both sounders work flawlessly. And I do a bunch of bottom fishing. Im not sure what your application is but if its fishing in my opinion you are just fine with that small amount of down angle/ratio. I do have the scx-20. If you have waves/seas where your at, and if ultimate sounder precision is your goal then I would highly recommend buying one.

Hammerhands,

AIRMAR recommends when installing any transducer that you orient it so the transducer's sound beam straight down by mounting the transducer parallel to the water surface. AIRMAR also recommends that you mount any thru-hull transducer away from the hull (where micro-bubbles are created from rough wave action and slapping hull movement.) and deeper into the water column to provide a cleaner flow under the transducer’s face that is bubble free.

Another item to consider is that utilizing a SCX20 or SCX21 can provide you with precise pitch, roll, and heave information that stabilizes the display for many Furuno Fish Finders and Sonars. Therefore allowing very accurate presentations even in the roughest of sea conditions.

- Deep Blue :D

Back