165T-B54 w/o High Speed Fairing

MarMax

Furuno Super Fan
What kind of performance can I expect with a 165T-B54 mounted without a high speed fairing on the bottom flat of my Parker 2530? The location would be in place of the B117 in the photo. I don't have the clearance necessary between the TD and the trailer to install a fairing block.
Parker2530_TransomViewLowSm.jpg

Currently I'm using a TM54 that seems to get sketchy around 8-10 kts. I'm not expecting much more but hoping that maybe a slow plane, like 18 kts might work. And that trolling speed performance (7-10 kts) would be very good.

Marmax,
Sorry, I have never tried using the transducer without the fairing so I can't honestly say at what speed it would be usable. Normally there is enough room on the Parker's to mount transducers using fairing blocks.

Snips

Attachments

• IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 988
Looks like your picture is a B260 on a Parker and a full height fairing. As I mentioned in the other thread I'm more limited on height and raising the bunks is not an option. The B117 that's installed is also the same hole size as the 165T-B54. It would be best to have the combo transducer but I may need to settle for a TM258 or TM260 if I switch out the B117 with a B54.

I guess another question for you is will the B54 (assuming I can make the high speed fairing work) run as clean as the B117. I can run in auto fishing mode up to 28 mph with a clean screen in 200kHz with the B117. Since the DFF3D is 165kHz it should run just as well in auto fishing mode at high speed. Is this a reasonable expectation?

Marmax,
If your B-117 works well in that location I would be willing to say that the 165T-B54 (with fairing) would perform as well also.

Snips

Back