Total Re-Fit

Hammerhands

I have a 1985 26'Blackman fishmachine doing a RnR on all electronics. My dealer has suggested to me: 1.TZT312F MDF 2. DRS4DNXT 3. B275LHW-12p 4. DFF3D 5.165T-B54 6. Navpilot300/pg-5. The characteristics of my sport fishing desires are: Offshore, searching for bait balls, Trolling for all Pelagic's Tunas & Marlin, Inshore structure fishing everything from Halibut, all the local bass species, as well as lobster hooping and Rockfishing down to 300'. I also want to read deep thermocline structure as i look for set spots for Swordfishing. Sooo, Before I pull the $$$$ trigger on this combo is it possible to get some Dutch uncle advise on the best pairing from the list provided. Is the B275LHW-12p going to give the same depth results as say installing a 265 LH? Also I fell on a moderators comment (different forum) that the 165T-B54 is an expensive non Chirp x ducer, is that the proper model to marry with the DFF3D? I realize to really get quality depth one needs to be looking at the more costly and real estate demanding (Glass in and Tank mount type X ducers) but that's not my reality. Thank you so much to all of you, with much more knowledge and experience than I.

I have your exact wishlist now (my autopilot is simrad but everything else) - The Low side of the 265 and 275 is exactly the same. No difference. Depth performance is good for a 1kw but the cone is fairly wide compared to the 2 and 3kw bigger transducers. Which is good for marking bait. I have a deep water shot here easily marking bait in 1300ft.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/W25QKaCfhmt8P6yG7

The High side of either one of those has some interference with the Dff3d. That being said I am considering moving to a LM chirp and removing the 275HW. I have heard that Furunos going to have an update that allows you to choose frequency in the future and that would make this interference less or possibly no issue at all. So a 265LM would give you the same Low frequency, a good medium frequency for better resolution, and then you could use the DFF3D for searching wide. And no interference. Just my 2 cents but the 275HW is great and marks fish. Thats whats in the screenshots in the above link along side the Dff3d.

The 165t-b54 is just the DFF3D element and not a combo. So yes that would be the most cost affective transducer if you wanted to pair it with a 275 or 265 chirp. They have a combo unit that has the 260 non chirp included in the transducer for 1100$ more I believe.

Thnx DeepSouthTX, So this up grade you've hear'd to come, is it a simple software thing?
Do you know if there is a (comarable size thru hull x-ducer like the 275 or 265) that is 2-3K watts?

Hammerhands":m57evj99 said:
Thnx DeepSouthTX, So this up grade you've hear'd to come, is it a simple software thing?
Do you know if there is a (comarable size thru hull x-ducer like the 275 or 265) that is 2-3K watts?

Not sure how much the moderators can say but im guessing it would just be a software update for the tzt3. I looked on airmars website and a r109lm is a 2kw and approx the same size as the fairing of the b275lhw. The larger transducers are shaped hydrodynamically and dont have a full fairing going around them. Both are "approx" 22in long and 5.5in wide. The 3kw r509 is a little bit wider.

Yes more improvements and software updates are coming at the end of this year. TZT3 is just getting started.

Back