-a N2K network
-GP-320B (GPS)
-PG-500 (heading sensor)

On the N2K network I have
-Raymarine i70 instrumen display x 2
-iTC-5 Transducer to Seatalk(NG)
-Actisense NGW-1 NMEA 2000® Gateway (N2K to NMEA 0183) Connected to Autopilot
-Em-trak B100 Class B AIS transponder

The B100 has both N2K and NMEA 0183 interface, it is connecte to the MFD8 via high speed NMEA 0183 since the MFD8 does not support AIS on N2K.

The new SW update for the B100 let me configure the B100 to output it's GPS data on N2K.
I can get the GPS data from the B100 on my i70 displays

With the GP-320B disconnected and the MFD8 configured to use the GPS data (POS + COG&SOG) from the B100 over the N2K connection I get position on the MFD8 that is way off.

Would be nice to be able to get the correct GPS data on the MFD8, what is wrong?
Can I get GPS data on the AIS port (NMEA 0183)

When choosing a GPS source; it should be done via the wizard - GLOBAL - DATA SOURCES. When selecting the B100 as your position source it should work fine as long as the device is fully NMEA 2000 compliant. What is the PGN being provide by the B100? Do you see the B100 as a selectable source in the GLOBAL - DATA SOURCES?

Johnny Electron":cjfxyb07 said:
When choosing a GPS source; it should be done via the wizard - GLOBAL - DATA SOURCES.

That's what I did.
When selecting the B100 as your position source it should work fine as long as the device is fully NMEA 2000 compliant.
I was hoping it would work, as I'm running out of 0183 ports..
The Raymarine i70 picked it up by it self since it was set to auto select GPS

What is the PGN being provide by the B100?
Did not write down the values shown in the port monitor, will do that the next time I have a chance (boat is laid up for the winter)

Do you see the B100 as a selectable source in the GLOBAL - DATA SOURCES?
Yes and when i use the port monitor the MFD reports that the AIS provide AIS + POS,COG,SOG.

The strange thing is that according to the MFD my position is somewhere on the west coast of Africa (don't have any detailed maps for that region). While I'm in Northern Europe.
The position displayed on the i70's is the correct one.

What POS (in the data box) will I get if there are no GPS position available?

MFD my position is somewhere on the west coast of Africa (don't have any detailed maps for that region).

That is where the boat appears when there is no GPS. (zero lat / zero lon)

My guess is the GPS data isn't fully NMEA 2000 compliant. We have seen equipment show up on the network but not have a proper product ID or properly meet NMEA 2000 to the point where NN3D will not use the data. If the product outputs via 0183; you can always try using that, as you have already done with the AIS.

Johnny Electron":1d6s87hl said:
MFD my position is somewhere on the west coast of Africa (don't have any detailed maps for that region).

That is where the boat appears when there is no GPS. (zero lat / zero lon)
I didn't write down the position . but it was not (zero lat / zero lon)

Johnny Electron":1d6s87hl said:
My guess is the GPS data isn't fully NMEA 2000 compliant. We have seen equipment show up on the network but not have a proper product ID or properly meet NMEA 2000 to the point where NN3D will not use the data. If the product outputs via 0183; you can always try using that, as you have already done with the AIS.
Will try to get it from the 0183, but it's a little strange that my other equipment is displaying it correctly. Going to em-trak with this,

Here is the reply from em-trak
The B100 can output position via USB, NMEA2000 or NMEA0183. We have full certification from NMEA for the NMEA2000 operation including the output of the position data. This has been tested and confirmed with at least Raymarine, Garmin, Simrad and Lowrance equipment.

The B100 outputs only two position related PGNS on the NMEA2000 bus, so it may be that these are not sufficient for the Furuno display. It's very strange indeed that the position is displayed, but incorrect. This suggests a failure to properly decode the PGNs.
The PGNs output are PGN129026 & PGN129025 which supply position and COG/SOG data.
Q: Are those PGN's supported by NN3D (PGN129026 & PGN129025)?

Yes, if the item is fully NMEA 2000 compliant and provides both 129029 (GNSS Position data) & 129025 (Position, Rapid Update) the NN3D will accept it. (BOTH REQUIRED)

My guess is that your device isn't providing PGN129029 that is required for the NN3D. The NN3D will also accept 129025 but you would still need 129029 and 129026.

Back