MFD/DRS4D/TZero oddness - radar working but not on MDF

bporter51317

The problem:

My MFD8 recognizes the DRS4D in the Installation Wizard, and I can configure and optimize it in the setup. When the MFD reboots though, the radar has a 'X' on it and us unusable on the master MFD8 or the second MFD12.

But...on a PC attached to the NN3D running Timezero Pro the radar shows up and works just fine. I can do overlays, transmit, shut it off, etc.

But I can not use the radar with the MFDs

This is what I am trying to fix.

-------
BACKGROUND/Tech Info:

I've got a system with an MFD8 as the master and a second MFD12 in the cockpit as well as a DRS4D. When the system was new I installed it with a Hub101 and a separate PSU for the radar. Over the years the HUB101 proved unreliable, so I replaced it with a 3rd party hub and also removed the PSU and plugged the power into the back of the MFD8.

It worked well for several years in this configuration until the radar up and died. Took it to a certified repair shop, main board shot and cost to repair was more than it was worth...

So we bought a used DRS4D off of EBay and installed it (I was told by a Furuno reseller that a new radar would require new MFDs). That is the one we are using now.

---

Is there some behind-the-scenes configuration trick to get this to show up as live on the MFDs as well as the PC? Has anyone seen this?

Back