Making cable power for FCV-295

chausey

Hi everyone,
Thank you to accept me in your community.
I'd read a lot of advices in this forum!
Sorry for my approximate english (I'm French)
I just received my FCV-295 and here in my country (New Caledonia) I have some problem to find the wire cable (japanese one in the installation manual) to make the power cable.
What kind of wire could I use to replace it?
Thank you so much for your answer.

Philippe.

Chausey,

Welcome and thank you for our inquiry.

First I need to comment that typically this forum is for Furuno USA customers. Although we do get many questions from other parts of the world you may find in the future that your questions may not be answered. Although you are a Furuno customer, thank you by the way, you are outside Furuno USA's coverage. There may be instances we we cannot be an expert for your local and regional fishery. It is also very hard for Furuno USA to support customers outside our region, we just don't have that many administrators answering questions. This forum is run by Furuno USA only, so we do not get help from the rest of Furuno's world wide service network answering and commenting on questions.

So you can use any 2 pair marine wire for power. I should be good quality wire that is stranded. The wire should be large enough to support 2.3 amps at 12vdc. So depending on your wire run length please size the wire accordingly to meet voltage loss estimates. If you are not running the 295 directly off a breaker it will need to be fused properly as well.

Good fishing Chausey,

Kind Regards,
C-Bass

Back