Lost sounder connection.

My etr-6/10 sounder started intermittently losing network connection with my mfd12. Last trip out it wouldn’t connect at all. I checked all connections. The green light flashes green then goes solid. Is there an easy way to test the sounder, mfd or cables?

RockBottom":9lob4iv4 said:
The green light flashes green then goes solid. Is there an easy way to test the sounder, mfd or cables?

According to the manual, either this means your plotter or radar is off, or the network sounder is not connected to a radar or plotter. Could be that some of those copper ethernet cables went bad somehow, try bypassing the sounder to your hub/plotter with a regular plastic ethernet cable (e.g., cat5e) and see if it comes back. If so, plan on replacing those shielded cat5e cables asap. ;)

(see P.19: https://furunousa.com/-/media/sites/fur ... manual.pdf)

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

I a. Using the hub adapter and the blue cable that connects the vx1 tothe ert6/10. Is there a cable I van use to connect directly from my Mfd12 to the etr6/10

RockBottom":2lv0cdt3 said:
I a. Using the hub adapter and the blue cable that connects the vx1 tothe ert6/10. Is there a cable I van use to connect directly from my Mfd12 to the etr6/10

Yes you can use this cable.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Back